Neck Pain Treatment
Your neck provides a very important function for your body. It supports your head, which typically weighs about 10 pounds. Your neck also has to turn nearly every direction, with a weight on top. Even with its tenacity, your neck is at risk of injury. Wrong sleeping posture, trauma, and some diseases can cause neck pain.
At Millar Chiropractic Clinics in Huntsville, AL, we offer neck pain treatment using natural remedies. Instead of using possibly addictive painkillers to treat symptoms, our chiropractors look for the cause of your pain. We use drug-free, non-invasive techniques to manage neck pain and prevent it from reoccurring.
Neck Pain Causes
There are many possible causes of neck pain. Some include:
- Poor posture
- Pinched nerves
- Trauma, such as auto accidents or sports injuries
- Repetitive motion
- Inflammation and infection
- Bone spurs
- Poor sleeping position
- Herniated disc
Neck Pain Symptoms
Besides pain in your neck, there are several symptoms that indicate that you have a problem with your neck, including:
- Dizziness and blackouts
- Muscle tightness or spasms
- Numbness or tingling on your arms or fingers
- Trouble turning your neck or nodding your head
Chiropractic Neck Pain Treatment
If you notice that your pain is severe, isn’t responding to typical treatment, or is getting worse, it’s time to visit our chiropractor. We will start by asking when and how your pain started, whether you are on any medication, and if sneezing makes your neck pain worse.
Our chiropractors may run a couple of tests like X-rays or MRIs to understand your neck pain better. After that, we may apply one or a combination of the below chiropractic techniques.
- Chiropractic adjustments: Our chiropractor applies pressure on your neck muscles to alleviate muscle tension and improve blood circulation to promote self-healing.
- Therapeutic massage: This aims to release tension in stiffened muscles, alleviating inflammation and promoting natural healing.
- Corrective exercises: Our chiropractor may prescribe neck exercises that you can do at home or in the office. Exercises improve your range of motion and deter your neck pain from worsening.
Start Your Neck Pain Treatment in Huntsville, AL
Chiropractic care is one of the most effective neck pain treatment options you can consider. If you are experiencing neck pain, you don’t have to continue suffering. At Millar Chiropractic Clinics in Huntsville, AL, our team of experts can treat your pain. Call us today to schedule an appointment.